For our son’s second birthday, we decided to do something a little different and not throw a big party that he wouldn’t even remember. We decided to make it a joint vacation birthday with his daddy and we loaded the Durango to the roof and headed to Galveston to stay at a beach house, dog and all.
We had so much fun taking the kids down to the sand. It was Jackson’s first time at the beach where he was old enough to go in the water and he couldn’t stop smiling and laughing. Those are the memories that will last a life time.
I wanted to share with y’all some of my favorite items that we took.
- Snacks- After completing the Whole30 (read here), we struggle with wanting to eat healthy and wanting to eat what is laying around. Bringing our own healthy snacks like Epic bars, Kale chips and dried fruits and nuts from Whole Foods.
2.Lily’s kindle (which are on sale)- it rained quite a bit during the trip so when we were getting ready or Jax was napping, this was a life saver. She has learning apps that she plays and is currently obsessed with this app where you dress and feed your baby doll.
- My new yoga pants. I got these great new yoga pants from Camo Me Couture. They are capris, which are great for me because I am so tall, and even though they aren’t supposed to get dried….let’s face it, it happens and I don’t have to worry about them turning into high waters. They also come up nice and high over my post baby belly and keep things looking good for running around, the gym, or my many trips to Target. Another thing I really like about these pants is that they don’t slide down on my booty when I bed over. No one at the gym (Target) needs to see the top of my super white behind! They have high heels on them and are made, manufactured and shipped from the USA. They also have free shipping over $50.
4. Curly hair products- going to the beach is like a vacation for my hair because I just let the fro go! I love the Oidad heat and humidity gel , I also love the Diva Curl- Curl refresher, it’s what I put on later in the day if I just want to refresh my curls and don’t want to re-wash my hair. I finish it all off with Morocan Oil hair spray which adds a little shine but the smell is my favorite part! I have been asked so many times what my perfume is and I smile when I say that It’s just my hair spray! When all else failed with my curly hair, I just threw on a hat!
- My popsocket– Y’all know how obsessed I am with my popsocket (read here)! I tell everyone about it because it makes texting, picture taking, anything phone related so much easier! They are also the best gifts!
- Our beach tent– this thing is the best for keeping your kids out of too much sun! It’s also great if you have a tiny one that might need a nap. It took a few times to get the hang of closing it, but now we love it. We actually open it in the living room sometimes for kids to have movie dates.
- – 500 We still needed the pack and play, diapers, kids clothes, bathing suits, cover ups, dog food, towels, clothes for us, hot sauce, kids toys, back up clothes in case the threenager didn’t like the first outfits, shoes for everyone, pillows, blankets, baby dolls, kid snacks, tooth brushes, shampoo, soap, brushes, and probably 50 more items that I packed in!My husband told me of how he used to go the beach with nothing but his boardies and a cooler of beer. Things have changed for him! I have always been “mom” and packed everything but the kitchen sink to go to the beach.
What are your favorite go to beach/vacation items?